Tarry for the Nonce

September 26, 2006

Fluffy Mackerel Pudding

Filed under: Anecdotes — lmwalker @ 2:52 pm

I’ve posted these in the past, but they delight me afresh: Weight Watchers Recipes from 1974!

Some brave souls have attempted them.

And if, perchance, those images have not convinced you to swear off food in its entirety, check out the Gallery of Regrettable Foods, particularly the Cooking with Dr. Pepper and The Other Other White Meat.

You even have the opportunity to visit The Institute of Official Cheer.

(Hat tip to Chris Edwards.)

Advertisements

4 Comments

  1. And to think, people are still suckered into the Weight Watcher’s pyramid scheme to this day…. I did some research, apparently about 5% of the people who try WW actually keep the weight off….wonder what the other 95% are thinking… I really need to come up with my own pyramid scheme one of these days… Why am I wasting my time actually working?! ;o)

    Comment by Andrew P. — September 27, 2006 @ 1:40 pm

  2. How is it a pyramid scheme? No one gets money for bringing other members to the fold.

    Money is exchanged for product (namely, Weight Watchers cookbooks and foodstuffs.) Of course, with recipes like the ones from 1974, it’s a miracle they remained in business.

    Comment by laura — September 27, 2006 @ 2:28 pm

  3. Its not necessarily a pyramid scheme, I was joking around; however, if you neglect going to meetings you have to pay for those meetings regardless of your attendance (if you paid in advance). Trust me, its a scam. Especially since only 5% of those who do it actually keep the weight off. Plus only lifetime members can get a job as a WW counselor (the meeting pep talker).

    Comment by Andrew P. — September 28, 2006 @ 10:08 am

  4. Plus, you don’t really get a lot for your money, its all basic food stuff, less the special WW points calculations, which can be found online.

    Comment by Andrew P. — September 28, 2006 @ 10:10 am


RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: